Tuesday, 5 August 2014

My Studio

Beautified clutter would be the best way to describe my decorating style. There is a place for everything (eventually) and when the things are in their place, I can relax and work happily.

My studio is our family room and there is plenty of light but never enough space.

Each time my students come they look around to see what is new or what has changed. I can usually find a place to put in a new jar full of embellishments or a box to store scraps.






Most of the furniture and storage containers have been picked up at garage sales or op shops. I love re-purposing. But my favourite items are the precious gifts that adorn my shelves. Gifts from special friends who have found just the right thing in  just the right colour for my studio. They know how much I love birds and there are a number of beautiful birds who live here now.







My studio is a happy place where my students and friends come to play. It belongs to them as much as it does to me.  I feel so blessed to have a place to create, to work and to play.

4 comments:

  1. I so envy your studio! Mine never stays organized. I love that its an open place where you invite others to play. Maybe I should consider doing that, since mine is a lonely room away from everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Aura. In some of our seasons of life, being away from everything is exactly what we need. My children are grown but they still like to know I am around. I was tucked away in the garage for a while but needed more space and light to teach. My family room studio is a place where we all still gather and I get lots of feedback on my artwork.
    As for staying organized, haha...the photos only show you when it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures. You have blessed so many people with your talents. God bless. Xo

    ReplyDelete