Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Mini Inspiration Book

Being a mixed media artist means having access to a myriad of art supplies and stuff! When I am in my studio, which is much like a bower bird's nest, I am surrounded by art supplies, tools and a huge stash of hoarded paper, ephemera and and found objects.

When I go away, either on an art retreat or even a weekend with my husband, I always bring something creative to do.

I have been working on putting together a compartmentalised bag which contains a mini studio. Perhaps I will write a blog post on that one day. A mini studio can help inspire a mini work of art and my last trip away produced just that!

My husband and I stayed at a delightful 1860's cottage in Beechworth, Victoria. Lilac Cottage was a comfortable and inspiring place to stay for a few days and besides restoring us to be able to face real life again, I was free to create in a tiny way.

Enjoy!




 Here I am placing some text from a magazine onto one of the pages.
The pages are very tiny, only 5.5cm x 7.5mm.



When I sit at my table to write...


 ...I never know what it's going to be...



...until I'm under way. I trust in..





                                                 ....but I don't sit back waiting for it...


I work every day.


The little word in the heart says.....promise 
to remind myself to be disciplined enough to work every day.





















No comments:

Post a Comment