2014 Twelve Artsy Ornaments has been just the thing to enjoy. Today, I had a lot of fun creating Jane Davenport's Christmas fairy. It was a great idea of Jane's to start by drawing her on an already prepared background and I just happened to have one in a journal... waiting.
Here is the full spread. I thought the right hand page looked a bit like a fairy glade. I used Grunge paste through a stencil and coloured over with acrylics, Neocolor 11 watercolour crayons and gold Izink. The left hand page has torn edges, because of what I did on the previous pages (see below). It was coloured the same way as the left page with a flat stenciled background to create a mottled look.
Next step will be to create the real project, a Christmas fairy on a substrate......maybe tomorrow..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the torn edge journal spread. I have no idea why I tore the edges! Perhaps I was feeling frustrated that day....it did make a difference to what I could put on the pages either side though.
This bird, the leaves below it and the flowers above were a photocopy of a vintage fabric that I used as a collage over a painted background. I added more collage images and paint pen doodling, even some stamping which I embossed.





No comments:
Post a Comment